I love cobblers and crisps, especially when they are slightly tart…so I’m excited to share one of my favorite Summer time recipes! This Triple Berry Crisp is an easy recipe with fresh ingredients.
In addition to making this recipe with the triple berries listed below, I have also substituted frozen raspberries (no sugar added), as well as chopped strawberries….and I actually like the strawberries in place of the blueberries more. Add more or less sugar depending on your preferred level of sweetness. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream, and enjoy!
Triple Berry Crisp
- 1 ½ cups fresh blackberries
- 1 ½ cups fresh raspberries
- 1 ½ cups fresh blueberries
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 ½ cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 ½ cups butter (softened)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, gently toss together blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, and white sugar; set aside.
3. In a separate large bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Cut in butter until crumbly. Press half of mixture in the bottom of a 9×13 inch pan. Cover with berries. Sprinkle remaining crumble mixture over the berries.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until fruit is bubbly and topping is golden brown.